The Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber Orchestra announces an immediate vacancy in the chair of Concertmaster. This small budget orchestra is finishing their 37th season (5 concerts per season) and will be accepting virtual auditions for this honourarium-based job on or before July 25, 2022.
Qualified applicants should email a one-page resume to Personnel Manager Wendy Wagler at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Concertmaster Audition” in the subject line for more information and to receive the full audition repertoire list.
Our orchestra is comprised of a core for professional principal players, semi professional musicians from the community and highly-skilled music students.
Some fun facts about our musicians:
- youngest to oldest (20ish to 70ish)
- Rosemary Kropf has been a member for all 35 years
- there are two married couples in the orchestra
- there are 10 current or retired school teachers
- there is one minister
- there is one electrician
- there is one owner of a B&B